TRANSLATING LEGAL LANGUAGE
We translate legal language into English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch and other languages.
LCTE is a specialist provider of translation services for the legal sector. We have gained a reputation as experts in the field of law and have a proven track record in supplying top-level clients with high-quality renditions.
How are we different?
We are linguists, not project managers. As specialists in the field of legal translation, we do one thing and we do it well. We are highly qualified professionals who all have postgraduate qualifications and wide-ranging experience in the legal sector as either lawyers or legal executives. We only translate into our native language(s).
What do we translate?
- Contracts and agreements; Terms and Conditions
- Bylaws and incorporation documents
- Procedures and policies
- Notary deeds
- Annual financial and activity reports and press releases
- Court documents and legal opinions
- Expert witnesses’ reports
- Mergers and acquisitions documents
- Commercial tenders
- Stock exchange releases
- Import and export documents
- Shareholders’ and board meeting reports
- Law textbooks and articles
Translating the concept, not just the words
Because we believe better understanding means a better use of your time and resources, we always ask the following questions before starting work on a project:
- Who is the author or issuing organisation?
- Which judiciary, if any, is the translated document going to be used in?
- Is it an international template (e.g. for an international franchise)?
- Who is going to read it?
- Is it going to be published?
- Is it going to be legally binding or for informative purpose only?